Ice Melting – Liquid and Granular
Desert Mountain Corporation offers a complete line ice melting products in both granular and liquid forms along with ice control products.
Liquid Ice Melting and Control Products
Meltdown is our most popular liquid ice melt product. It is effective down to 15 degrees and can be used as an anti-icer or a de-icer.
Apex is our new premium, enhanced liquid product. Meltdown with Apex is designed to work at lower temperatures (-5) and can also be applied at lower application rates, therefore making it more cost effective.
Granular Ice Melting Products
Desert Mountain is proud to offer IceSlicer – our most popular granular product. Ice-Slicer is an environmentally friendly, low-corrosion de-icing product used to break the bond of snow and ice from roadways, walkways, driveways, and parking lots. Regular road salt stops working when the temperature dips below 20° F, and that’s just when the roadways can be most dangerous. IceSlicer’s unique blend of natural chlorides melts snow and ice effectively to 0° F, resulting in safer roads at lower temperatures. IceSlicer can be purchased in both bagged and bulk quantities for ice melt. A DOT favorite, IceSlicer is preferred by many cities and states in the Western United States. It is available for purchase in bulk truckload quantities or in 1 ton super sacks.
Benefits of using IceSlicer ice melt compared to regular road salt:
- Provides safer roads by working at lower temperatures
- Less corrosive to roads and vehicles
- Decreased clean-up costs
- More effective – less product can be used per lane mile with better results
- Melts longer on the road
- Less stress on the environment
- Improves the level of service to residents
- Access to secondary roads sooner
- Distinctive dark color lets public know a road has been treated
Packaged Ice Melts
Desert Mountain Corporation is also pleased to provide consumer-grade bagged products. Call a sales representative at 800-375-9264 to ask about ice melting products to treat sidewalks, driveways, and smaller parking lots:
- Near Zero: Effective down to 5 degrees. (50 to a pallet, packaged in 50 lb bags)
- Safe Step: Effective down to an impressive minus 32 degrees. (50 to a pallet, packaged in 50 lb bags)
Liquid Product Enhancers
For help supercharging your existing stockpiles and salt brine supplies, ask about our new line of product enhancers. SOS will enhance salt, sand and cinder stockpiles to perform better. Amp will increase the effectiveness of existing salt brine supplies.
How important is winter time travel safety to you? Don’t be left out in the cold.