When talking about dust control, road, and soil stabilization products have you considered LIGNIN SULFONATE?
If the dust control and stabilization products you’re using are not performing like your team would like, have you thought about trying Lignin? Treatment areas can differ greatly – even within a mile or two of each other – depending on soil type, traffic, and maintenance practices. Here are 7 reasons you should be using lignin sulfonate for dirt roads, parking lots, equipment storage yards and much more.
- Naturally Occurring Product – Lignosulfonate is a naturally occurring polymer derived from lignin a by-product of the tree pulping industry. While in the tree, lignin acts like glue holding the cellulose fibers of pulp together – and that’s what it can do for your roads.
- Binding Agent – Just like in the tree, lig works as a dust palliative by binding the different sizes of road particles together when applied topically or mixed in. The water used to liquify lignin for application evaporates as it dries, and that’s how it binds the dust to the larger aggregate with its high-viscosity, naturally sticky material.
- Visible Application – When lignin is first applied it has a dark brown color that lets the public and your crew know where it has been applied. The color will fade as traffic and rain slowly wear down the application.
- Sun Cured – Over time, some of the lignosulfonates can become completely insoluble due to solar heating.
- Environmentally Safe – It is non-corrosive and non-toxic to nearby plants and wildlife when applied correctly.
- More Effective – Lignin Sulfonate treatments tend to be more effective at suppressing dust and holding the road together than chlorides on gravel roads containing higher levels of fines and sand, especially in dry, arid climates like the Southwestern United States.
- Blading Not Required – Although road prep (blading and rolling) will increase the quality of the road and its longevity, it can be used for ungraded areas and just applied topically.
Desert Mountain offers two different products with Lignin – Road Loc and Dura-Loc. Desert Mountain Corporation is the only authorized Western US distributor for the premier United States lignosulfonate manufacturer.
Road Loc is our highly successful lignosulfonate product
Dura-Loc is our custom blended solution that combines lignin sulfonate and eco-friendly polymers
Contact your Desert Mountain sales representative today to talk about how we can help you create a more eco-friendly, sustainable dust control, road, and soil stabilization plan with lignin.
Or give us a call at 877-718-3878 to speak to someone today!