Now Hiring Truck Drivers
Now Hiring Truck Drivers
Now Hiring Truck Drivers! Experienced Class A CDL Truck Drivers with T & N Endorsements!
Now Hiring Truck Drivers! We are seeking experienced Class A CDL drivers with T, N endorsements for routes in our nine Western state territory. We haul non-hazardous liquid and dry commodities; 80% of what we haul are our own products that we market and ship to our customers. This provides our drivers with year-round work. Benefits after 90 days. Home most weekends and on major paid holidays. Our equipment consists of newer, late-model Kenworth and Peterbilt trucks, trailers, and tankers. Check out some of our equipment here.
Truck Drivers – Responsibilities and Duties:
- Transporting non-hazardous dry and liquid products.
- Operating all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Maintaining the truck and application equipment in ready-to-go shape by performing minor maintenance when necessary.
- Keeping the equipment clean and tidy – inside and outside.
- Keeping machine greased and ready for the next day’s usage.
- Reporting all maintenance discrepancies to the operations team in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all DOT, OSHA, MSHA, vehicle inspection and other compliance requirements are met.
- Following the safety guidelines and requirements of Desert Mountain and our customers.
Truck Drivers – Preferred Skills, Traits, and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction.
- Willingness to work as a team to complete tasks and projects.
- All paperwork (timesheets, delivery documentation, etc.) kept in good, legible order and turned in promptly.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair unexpected equipment breakdowns to safely continue operations with as little disruption is highly valued.
Truck Drivers – Required Qualifications:
- Valid CDL Class A with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Sucessfully pass a Civil and Criminal background check.
- Have a valid DOT Medical card.
- Have or can obtain endorsements for Doubles, Triples, Tanker, and Air brakes.
- Ability to operate an electronic logging device (ELD) properly and safely.
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation.
- Ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues.
- Must be able to pass DOT Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment testing requirements for DOT vehicle operating drivers.
- A well-organized individual who can work with minimal amount of supervision.
- Ability to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb in and out of a truck, and/or 5-10 steps ladder.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings and/or weekends, when necessary, with some overnight travel.
We provide our employees with an exciting, fast-paced, and friendly work environment and competitive wage and benefits package, including healthcare/dental/vision, life insurance and retirement plan.
Desert Mountain Corporation is a family-oriented business that believes in solid family values. In business since 1990, we continue to meet or exceed the needs of our customers by providing time-tested and cutting-edge road and soil stabilization, ice melt, and dust control products and application methods to make travel and work locations safe and productive.