Track Machine and CDL Spray Truck Application Specialist
We are seeking experienced Class A CDL drivers with T, N endorsements for a specialized role within our company as a Track Machine and CDL Spray Truck Application Specialist. This position will safely transport and apply material while providing outstanding customer service. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following: DOT Class A operation of truck and truck tractor equipment; operation of product application equipment, plant loading and unloading equipment; plant blending and mixing equipment; shop equipment; and railcar unloading equipment, and small mechanical operations when required.
This driver will be delivering and applying our non-hazardous/non-DOT solutions to customer sites on roads, parking lots and other areas with our computerized application trucks. For those areas not normally accessible by application trucks, our tracked application machine is utilized. This customized machine has been equipped with continuous track treads so that it can access areas like mine tailings and other challenging locations to deliver erosion and dust control products. You can see pictures of it here.
The responsibilities of the Track Machine and CDL Spray Truck Application Specialist role include:
- Operating all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Evaluating pre-application soil conditions, assessing the coverage of the application, and making quick adjustments during operations to optimize the performance for the customer.
- Maintaining the truck and application equipment in ready-to-go shape by performing minor maintenance when necessary.
- Keeping the equipment clean and tidy – inside and outside.
- Keeping machine greased and ready for the next day’s usage.
- Reporting all maintenance discrepancies to the operations team in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all DOT, OSHA, MSHA, vehicle inspection and other compliance requirements are met.
- Following the safety guidelines and requirements of Desert Mountain and our customers.
Preferred Skills, Traits, and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction
- Willingness to work as a team to complete tasks and projects
- All paperwork (timesheets, delivery documentation, etc.) kept in good, legible order and turned in promptly
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair unexpected equipment breakdowns to safely continue operations with as little disruption is highly valued
Required Qualifications for Track Machine and CDL Spray Truck Application Specialist:
- Valid CDL Class A with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)
- Civil and Criminal background check Valid DOT Medical card
- Have or can obtain endorsements: Doubles, Triples, Tanker, and Air brakes
- Ability to operate an electronic logging device (ELD) properly and safely
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to independently identify, research and resolve issues
- Must be able to pass DOT Drug and Alcohol Pre-employment testing requirements for DOT vehicle operating drivers
- A well-organized individual who can work with minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to climb in and out of a truck, and/or 5-10 steps ladder
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings and/or weekends, when necessary, with some overnight travel
We provide our employees with an exciting, fast-paced, and friendly work environment and competitive wage and benefits package, including healthcare/dental/vision, life insurance and retirement plan.
Desert Mountain Corporation is a family-oriented business that believes in solid family values. In business since 1990, we continue to meet or exceed the needs of our customers by providing time-tested and cutting-edge road and soil stabilization, ice melt, and dust control products and application methods to make travel and work locations safe and productive.