Road Loc Lignin for Road Stabilization and Dust Control
Road Loc is made from lignin sulfonate – a naturally occurring organic polymer. It binds the fine particles found in aggregate and natural soils preventing them from breaking out and creating fugitive dust. Road Loc from Desert Mountain Corporation fuses these particles to larger aggregate and natural soils preventing movement which aids in road stabilization and soil stabilization. It helps prevent the formation of washboards and potholes. Over time, solar reactivity will harden Road Loc which greatly reduces solubility and product migration.
Questions? Call Us at 877-718-3878
Benefits of Road Loc
- Environmentally Friendly
- Reduces dust to PM10 standards
- Does not require road closure during application
- Works well in most soil types
- Higher residual reduces application rates
- When cured, will not leach like chlorides
- Reduces dust in agricultural areas where dust mites are a factor
- Non-Toxic – not harmful to humans, animals or plants
- Can be custom blended for specific soil types and climate conditions
Road Loc is compatible with anionic and non-ionic materials, dispersants, wetting agents and most organic and inorganic materials.
- Any unpaved surface
- Tank trails
- Construction sites
- Heavy haul roads
- Campground access
- Parking lots
- Landing pads
- Plant nurseries
- Coal stockpile capping
- Chip seal prep
- Recycled Asphalt (RAP) applications
For dust control, Road Loc can be applied to the surface of the area being treated. It is recommended that the surface be free of potholes and washboards. To aid in penetration, the road should be pre-wetted to optimum moisture content. Additional preparation will be required for stabilization and use with Recycled Asphalt (RAP). Our experienced sales staff will assist with the requirements to ensure a successful project.
Call Desert Mountain Corporation at 877-718-3878 to learn more about Road Loc or contact your local representative.
Desert Mountain Corporation – Keeping Roads Safe Since 1990!
Call us at 877-718-3878